5 December 2018
Plan Management – By Edwiena Deep
If you are an NDIS participant, you can choose how your NDIS funding is managed. It can be managed through different methods: Agency Managed, Self Managed, Plan Managed or a combination of all three.
The type of fund management you choose is decided at the initial planning meeting. If choosing the Plan Managed option, you can select Le Plan Manager to manage your plan’s financial transactions.
As a Plan Managed participant, you have greater freedom in choosing the services you use, the providers you engage and how much of your budget you allocate to the services you wish to purchase. You maintain total control over when and how those services are delivered.
The advantages of being Plan Managed are:
- You can obtain supports from non-NDIS registered providers.
- You don’t have to use the NDIS Portal.
- You have someone guiding you through your financial NDIS plan.
- You don’t have the administrative burden of invoices and paperwork.
Plan Managers are responsible for:
- Receiving invoices directly from your provider or yourself.
- Claiming from the NDIS portal for services you’re receiving.
- Paying invoices to providers.
- Checking invoiced amounts are correct.
- Providing monthly statements, which contain a breakdown of budget totals.
Le Plan Manager is a registered NDIS Provider for Plan Management and Support Coordination in NSW, the ACT and SA. Le Plan Manager can also provide training in financial skills, organisational skills and developing self-management capabilities.
If you would like your NDIS funding to be Plan Managed by Le Plan Manager, request Plan Management at your planning meeting.
For more information on Le Plan Manager services, please call us on 1300 112 334.