Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
The CHSP is an entry-level home support program that helps older people to live independently in their homes and communities. It also provides respite services to give carers a break.
The program aims to:
- Help people live as independently as possible in their own homes
- Focus on working with them, rather than doing things for them
- Give a small amount of help to a large number of people
- Keep older Australian’s socially active
- Assisting older Australian’s to stay connected with their community
Most people receiving CHSP funding only need 1 or 2 services to help them remain independent.
Interchange Australis is an approved provider of CHSP services in the Wingecarribee Shire and is available to people over 65 years of age and their carers.
Interchange Australia is funded to provide the following supports through the CHSP:
- Personal Care
- Domestic Assistance
- Individual & Group Social Support
- Flexible Respite
What does it cost?
The CHSP is not income tested and to keep costs at a minimum Interchange Australia asks all participants to contribute $15 per hour of service and the rest is subsidised by the Australian Government.
How can I access CHSP?
To receive support you will need to;
1. Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register and be assessed for eligibility.
2. After you have been assessed you will be issued with referral codes from My Aged Care.
Contact Interchange Australia on 1300 112 334 to see how we can help you access services.
Need more help?
If you would like services outside of or in addition to your government eligibility, Avec Care can offer any private services for a
fee of $65.00 per hour. You can access personal care, domestic assistance, social support, transport, meal preparation, home
maintenance and respite (daytime and overnight). There is no eligibility requirements for this service.