What is ASDESI?
The ASDESI program is designed for neurodiverse children and teens aged between 5 and 17 as well as their families and carers.
- Little Legends is for primary school aged children between 5 and 12
- Youth Connect is for high school aged youths between 13 and 17.
Neurodevelopmental delay, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) along with other similar neurologic disorders, affect development of the nervous system and brain function. These affect emotion, learning ability, self-control and memory. They tend to last for a person’s lifetime and can affect their learning ability, the way they communicate with others and their ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships.
Our staff working in the ASDESI program are qualified, highly experienced and continually expanding their education and skills with the goal to help your child or young person thrive. Your child’s safety is our number one priority at ASDESI, and we offer specialised care when working with the specific behaviours and needs of the children in attendance.
“Helping your child or young person reach their goals!”
The following services are available through ASDESI:
- School holiday programs held five days per week each school holidays (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- Monthly Saturday group outings and activities
- Access to music lessons and workshops, as well as various other workshops such as photography.
- Out of school hours individual care
- Support Coordination
- NDIS Plan Management
How is ASDESI funded?
The ASDESI program is funded by Interchange Australia, as well as NDIS funding, government and club grants and donations when available.
There is a small out of pocket cost to families for the School Holiday programs to help cover things like ticket entry prices as well as some transport and supplies. Please refer to holiday programs for these charges or speak to an Interchange Coordinator.
What are the objectives of ASDESI?
- To provide a fun, safe and engaging learning environment where children can have new experiences and interact in the community
- To encourage children to participate in group activities with their peers
- To encourage and support children to form friendships and strengthen their social and communication skills
- To provide a quiet, calm sensory space for children to chill out for self-regulation
- To provide opportunities for children to build and develop their life and living skills
Where is ASDESI held?
ASDESI Services are available across all Interchange Australia locations, with Little Legends and Youth Connect being currently available at
o Goulburn (coming soon)