Interchange Olympics in conjunction with International Day of People with Disability
By Interchange Australia Marketing Coordinator Kelly Taylor.
On Friday December 3rd Interchange Australia celebrated International Day for People with Disability with a fabulous poolside event at Moss Vale Aquatic Centre.
It was a fantastic turn out as all six Interchange Australia houses met at the Aquatic Centre for a Mini Olympic challenge of the houses. There were some fabulous water events as well as poolside challenges for those unable to be in the water, with a BBQ lunch provided for everyone and some special awards were handed out after lunch to recognise achievements by individual participants throughout the year.
The day was enjoyed immensely by all in attendance, with challenge winners as follows:
Pool noodle javelin
The special achievement awards went to:
- Michael Stevens – Who has greatly improved his Drumming skills and continues to be a very valued member of the Hidden Wonders.
- Courtney Khan – For her positive and enthusiastic energy that she brings to the house which improves everyone’s experience.
- Kate Hickey – For her improved group participation.
- Maria Stamos – For terrific participation in living skills.
- Michael Sewell – For always lending a hand no matter what the task.
- Vinnie Baker – For being an outstanding artist.
- Brenton Saunders – For his outstanding supply of cupcakes.
- Eloise Auger – For always being helpful and encouraging towards others.
- Roger Crocker – For having the best sense of humour and always brightening up everyone’s day.
- Olivia Veneran – For always having a happy and positive attitude.
- Jacob Rowcroft – For being an incredibly hard worker.
- Zachary O’Reilly – For being our resident Tech expert.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work in preparation to make this day spectacular, and we would like to congratulate every single one of our participants for demonstrating that they have the ability to achieve anything they set their mind to.
A special thank you to Moss Vale Aquatic Centre for your hospitality and helping to make this day so special!